Motivation is like food for the brain. You cannot get enough in one sitting. It needs continual and regular top ups. ~ Peter Davies
This is a very apt quote that highlights the importance of constant motivation in our life. Motivation and inspiration are essential to achieve goals in one’s life. There are times when we face distressing and melancholic situations in life, and dark thoughts loom over our mind. Also, there are situations when one wishes to do something, but, simply cannot get started. At such times, it is essential to motivate oneself to achieve the goal. Let us take a look at it in detail.
Ways to Motivate Yourself
One of the first and foremost things to remember is that you should not depend on any external factors to motivate you. Self motivation is the best method that can help you realize your dreams and reach your goal.
Aim and Dream
It is essential to have a concrete goal before thinking of the action plan. Write down what exactly you want to achieve, your plans and your ultimate goal. You should be clear about your aim and even chalk out a plan on reaching it, only then you will be motivated to achieve it. Dreaming about it will help you achieve your goal sooner.
Having a positive or optimistic attitude is a prerequisite if you wish to succeed in life. Only when you believe in yourself, your hard work; you will be confident enough to face all hurdles and attain your goal. Talking and sharing your dreams with like-minded and positive thinking people is also a good way of motivating oneself.
Make a Start
This is one of the most important things to follow if you want to be successful. Remember procrastination is your biggest enemy and delaying things can never help in actualizing your goal. You need to make a start, with a small step at least, as initiating things is most important and also the most difficult step. Once you begin, it can be easier ahead, provided you make up your mind not to lose hope and remain determined all the while.
Many people tend to back out in the midway, and this thought can be detrimental in your life. You need to accept the fact that there will be difficult times and situations. You should face them with confidence, get past them and attain your goal. Never quit!
Some More Self Motivation Tips
- Reward yourself for every small achievement, every pound of weight lost, every small win, and so on. This will definitely boost your confidence.
- Read motivational novels, stories, autobiographies, etc. You can even paste sticky notes of inspirational quotes on your desk, mirror, etc.
- Share your wishes and dreams with close ones, friends or like-minded people, as you may get useful goal-setting tips.
- Write a diary, blog, to simply pen down your wishes, thoughts, feelings, etc. With every passing day, you will be amazed to notice the changes and transformation that has taken place.
- Lastly, when you have negative thoughts, think of your dreams and goals and wonder, whether it is advisable to quit or not. The mere thought will inspire you to move on!
These were some tips and techniques on self-motivation. So, get going today itself. Always remember the famous quote by Douglas Everett:
There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other!